questions from our patients
An infusion is a procedure that delivers medication into your bloodstream. The medication flows from a sterile bag through plastic tubing and a small needle inserted into one of your veins.
A licensed healthcare professional such as a nurse trained to provide infusion therapy will be administering your treatment.
Your doctor will be involved with your treatment but will not be physically present at your appointment. Your infusion is administered by a licensed healthcare professional and your doctor will always be in communication with our office.
As always, see your regular doctor for all your usual check-ins or appointments not involving infusion administration.
Many locations offer televisions and magazines to help pass the time. Here are some ideas you may also want to consider:
- Use the time to relax. Take a nap.
- Listen to music on your phone (be sure to bring headphones).
- Watch a movie (if using a personal tablet please be sure to bring headphones)
- Catch up on some reading.
- Do a crossword puzzle, word search, etc.
- Work on your laptop—our infusion centers offer free Wi-Fi access.
9.30 am – 05 pm
Early bird and after hours appointment available upon request.